Saturday, January 15, 2011

Realizing That We Are in God's Hands

The words from my favorite talks always seem to find me at the right time. These words were today's from Elder Maxwell.

"It is only by yielding to God that we can begin to realize His will for us. And if we truly trust God, why not yield to His loving omniscience? After all, He knows us and our possibilities much better than do we.

For the faithful, what finally emerges is an understanding of “things as they really are” (Jacob 4:13), such as the reassuring realization that we are in the Lord’s hands! But, brothers and sisters, we were never really anywhere else!

Perhaps the realization of being in God’s hands comes fully only as we ponder the significance of the prints in the hands of our submissive Savior. Indeed, we are in His hands, and what hallowed hands!"
Neal A. Maxwell, "“Willing to Submit”", Ensign, May 1985, 70

It is all in His hands, even any of our efforts come by His power, so it's all in His hands and power, and you have nothing to worry about.
--Taken from a text of someone who knows me well. At least 10% well.

I was reading in my Rome journal yesterday, which was given to me from a dear friend. I found myself laughing out loud at my own words, like how the highlight of my day was often finding a bathroom where I didn't have to pay, or the Double Caramel Magnum bar I savored, or the Apple Fanta I sipped with my dinner.
Silly. A lot of it was silly. Like how you know you've been in Rome too long when you have all of the metro recordings memorized and no longer feel strange reaching into your pants to get your moneybelt.
Some of my words came from the deepest part of me though.

We remember our happy memories more than the details of our pain, because they become a part of us
our strong part -
The wisdom in us that allows us to get through harder experiences with greater faith, because we have accessed the power of the Atonement, and we have become whole.
When we rely on the Lord as our strength, our very core, then despite all the storms, we will make it through, with greater tolerance and compassion
while diligently becoming more Christlike.
--My words then, and my words now:

We are in His hands as we submit.







2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm glad that journal went to good use. I'm missing you. I'm hoping you're happy. Sure love your beautiful words!

Chelle said...

Oh Linzers I'm so happy that I get the chance to read your beautiful thoughts. It always gives me a clear perspective on life--good reminders. So thanks!!! I've been thinking about you lots lately and I'm glad you got your thing turned in. It will be exciting to see what happens!!!!
Love ya!