Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Way We Show Love

Yesterday was Valentine's Day, and fortunately, I had a lot of errands to run on campus. I loved walking through all of the festivities for the day! I saw the can-your-valentine booth set up by the Food Science Club, the personalized icing on heart-shaped cookies done by Sugar and Spice, and my very favorite: the long long line of men at Campus Craft and Floral.

I love seeing how people love each other.

I saw dozens of girls with roses and tulips and daisies
and lots of guys with flowers in-hand on the way to deliver.
I saw two people with balloons tied to their back-packs,
and the most unusual way I saw someone share love: a guy picking his girlfriend's zit. However you want to show it... I guess it works!

Brooke from work made her husband breakfast in bed, and Bianca from work woke up to a trail of rose petals and a fiance at the end.
Kate from the dietetics program came home to a bouquet of flowers from her man, and Renee from the dietetics program made pizza with her new husband.

And mine came at 4:40 am, in the picture, and in a virtual date. A perfect beginning, and a perfect ending.
Happy. Really happy Valentine's.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Whoo, those are beautiful!!! I'm glad you had a great V-Day! And it's cool how observant you are of your surroundings. That is a talent.