Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trying Recipes in Gluten-Free Land

Sometimes THIS is what it takes to see that a gluten-free recipe from online isn't very good... Whenever some newbie celiac gets something even remotely edible to work that's gluten-free, they slab it up on every website and label it as "World's Best Gluten Free____________!"
But in reality, the recipe author is just overzealous. Look at these disasters!

When I smelled the warm carrot-cake cupcakes warming up in the oven, I didn't expect my whole tin of batter to be running over the sides and dripping onto the oven floor! I was all alone, in my parent's house, and I laughed outloud
laughed really hard at myself and that the fact that
sometimes having this disease is hilarious.

I got tired of my adventures turning out this way, which is why I said goodbye to my "from-scratch" cooking and said hello to Betty Crocker. She knows what's up.
I no longer need to convince myself that cooking from scratch is superior. It's not.

I made no-bake cookies to make up for my long lost carrot-cake cupcakes :)

Maybe I should post about graduating from college, or about being a big girl and taking care of my parent's house while they are in Israel
or about starting a new job at an amazing hospital
all of that is happening to me right now too,
but I couldn't keep these beauties all to myself. Want to come try them?

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Hey, even though they looked amusing, they still tasted really good! :) Thanks for bringing them! We loved having you come over last night and we are excited to hang out more now that you're home!

swilson556 said...

You should just stick to those yummy cookies that we make!