Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I saw two people wearing flip flops today.

It's December and we have no snow. Am I complaining? Absolutely not. The sun was shining today and the grass is still green! I got hot walking to school today. The bottoms of my pants are dry and I don't have to scrape snow off my car. Winter couldn't be any more enjoyable. In fact, I saw a girl studying outside the JSB today. It was a lovely day .
The snow is inevitable, it's true. But I'm enjoying every sunny day as it comes. I also rediscovered an old pair of comfortable AE shoes that I absolutely love, and today I pulled out a sweatshirt I forgot I had. I love that.
Oh, and another thing: I've been getting texts from an unknown number. The first one said, "Hello Beautiful, this is Bevan. We met early Sunday morning at your check stand. Anyways, I know u are asleep, just wanted to say hi & haven't forgot about u." I was absolutely flattered. I don't work at a checkstand on Sunday mornings, and I have never heard of Bevan. I let the text make my day, and I replied anyway. "Oh you're such a sweetheart," I said, "Love you!"
He called me the next day. "Hey Aubrey," he said.
I sniffed up my runny nose and told him, "Um.. ya know, I think you have the wrong number."
I hope he didn't feel like an idiot. It kind of sounded that way though.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Really sorry."
I told him it was fine. It was fine. I think twitterpated people like Bevan are really funny. There's a couple in my mission prep class who always sit together. I see the girl lay her head on his shoulder; sometimes he'll kiss her cheek. I heard her talking in the bathroom once about how they are getting married.
See? It doesn't feel like winter. Winter is gloomy and wet and cold. But love is still in the air, people are still wearing flip flops, and I am even enjoying the week before finals week.

4 comments:

The Prestwich Family said...

Lindsey, you make me so happy! Most people are stressed out and grumpy the week before finals and you walk around seeing the good in the world and in everyone around you. You're amazing girl. The world needs more Lindseys.
I love you!
Alissa

Courtney said...

I'm so happy that you responded to that text! That made my day!

Julia M. said...

You are so cute! Good luck with those finals. BYU seems to always have SOME sort of love in the air, though. :)

Danny McMillan said...

Lindsey, that was funny about the identity mistake. Yeah, winters at the BYU can be cold and miserable, but one thing we liked to do was sit on 7th north and wait for cars to crash. It was usually California drivers that had no experience driving in the snow. Then, Dan-o and I would ride our bicycles in the snow and see how far we could tail skid. I only crashed once in the snow and once on dry pavement. In dental school, I crashed twice. Another fun thing to do in the winter is get some hot cocoa. There's usually some ASB person giving it out in the quad, and you can get a few without them realizing you're double dipping. Mmmmm. Yeah, college was great, except for the school part.