Monday, January 5, 2009

Karma.

Today was the first day of school. Alissa could tell I was excited to go. She even pulled out her new camera and took a picture of my "Oh this is going to be an awesome day!" face. And then, I even got a ride to school. I slipped 3 times walking to class, but I never fell. I had Food Science first. What could be better than talking about food 3 times a week from 9-9:50? Have you ever wondered what disodium inosinate is in your salad dressing?
I'm going to find out.
We are required to keep a "Food Labels Journal" all semester and research ingredients we have never heard of before.
This is definitely my thing. I'm kind of a food nerd.
I had physiology next. Dr. Rhees is a very cute old man. The kind of old man that communicates without saying, "I'm old. And I know what I'm doing, so don't give me any kind of crap."
He listed 5 or 6 prestigious degrees he has received up on the board. Two of them came from the U.
All he said was, "I got my degrees from this school. But I don't like the U."
I think I'm going to love physiology.
I walked home in a blizzard. It wasn't that bad. And then we went grocery shopping. We used to be able to get there and back in 30 minutes. But tonight, after driving on 800, up to the Wilk, down Bulldog, and into Macey's during a CRAZY SNOWSTORM, we got in and out in 2 hours. Not very time-efficient. We got 2 inches of snow on the car in those 2 hours. It was insane.
I let two cars in when I didn't have to. They waved, grateful.
I sat at a green light, 2 rounds of the same green light, but unable to go because of the traffic backing up on the other side of the intersection.
It was insane.
But when we came back to the BC, there was ONE EMPTY SPOT in the covered parking.
And I got it.

3 comments:

Laura said...

This is why we're friends. So that I can read your writing and then have a better day because of it. Don't you think that is what good friends are for-- to make each other's days better? Thanks for fulfilling your end of the friendship. You make my day better every time you post.

Courtney said...

I love Dr. Rheese!!! He's so great. You will love that class! :)

Danny McMillan said...

Oh, the BC! You'll be engaged by March. Yeah, I tried that labels thing as a pick-up. It was at the job fair at the Wilk. To the attractive young lady, I said, "Does this have methylchloroisothiazolinone?" It didn't go too well. Your sodium stuff is probably a preservative, unless there are benzoates.