Saturday, June 25, 2011

This place.

I love this place.
I love walking with a backpack on this campus
this beautiful PLACE that used to be so scary to me when I first started
but now it feels so. much. like. home. and I love that I get another year here!
Another year of BYU football game diehardness
of studying in the library where it is quiet
buying groceries from my favorite store
going to ward prayer and FHE and seeing the people that I love
working out at the SFH and running with good buddies

It will be a rockin fall semester.

But now it is SUMMER, and I am not at this place. I am at this place and do I love it?
OH HOW I LOVE IT!
I love the early morning hikes up Adam's Canyon
the warm showers uninterrupted
boating. boating!
getting my hair done by my nieces and nephew, aka the best future hairstylists
the view from my house of the lake - I LOVE the view!
I love having a parking spot waiting for me.
And my family, always there. I love my family too. So much.

I love feeling free, not held back by the things that I used to be afraid of
not letting people make me feel small.
A year ago, I didn't use cruise control. Or drive and park in Salt Lake by myself
or run seven miles uphill
or mow the hardest lawn ever
I couldn't do that before.

Me won't hold me back anymore. There are things I want to do that I didn't even used to want to do
and now I can end up sitting on a porch swing for three hours with a book
or run a race. or a relay,
things I love that I didn't think were possible to love, and now they are a real part of me.
Writing helps me see the open door.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Love reading your writing Linds. You really have been doing some super impressive things! Look at you conquering all these fears. Way to go. Thanks again for helping with my kids the other day...you are a lifesaver! Love ya!